October 23, 2007

T.I. Graces The Cover of Complex Magazine

T.I. Graces the cover of Complex...Talks about his experience making the movie American Gangster and his thoughts about the Real Frank Lucas..

On The Real Frank Lucas:

Given the strong “stop snitching” credo within hip-hop, what did you think of his cooperating with authorities to shorten his 70-year prison term? His situation was unique because he didn’t tell on no drug dealers or other criminals. He got his standards shortened by telling on crooked cops.

On how the streets have changed:

Is there a character in American Gangster you would parallel to your days in the trap? I can’t even compare myself back in that day simply because it was a whole other day and age. When I was doin’ it, it was chaos. Real talk, it was easier then, too. Not taking nothing away from them ’cause they started it, but the police wasn’t hip to everything. By the time I started hustling, the police had cameras, the Internet, and forensics. [Back then] you could kill a nigga at six o’clock in the morning on his doorstep and long as nobody seen you, you good. Now you got cameras on street lights. I feel like if I was a hustler back then, I’d have a way better shot at it. People actually respected the game. Whereas when I was a hustler, a nigga would do anything for a dollar. Period

Check Out the Rest @ Complex

No comments: