August 29, 2007

Ne-Yo Speaks on Britney's Comeback



Ne-Yo spills the beans on what's going on with Britney's album to Ryan Seacrest:

“I have no idea what’s going on with Britney Spears right now. The last thing I heard was that Britney was mad at me over some songs that were supposed to go to her that wound up going to Nicole Scherzinger. She got the first look. I wrote the songs for Britney Spears, but this was before she shaved her head and went into rehab again. Nicole took the songs and recorded them.

Here’s how it happened, I was working with Britney Spear’s people. I wrote 6 to 8 songs for Britney Spears, working really closely with her A&R people at her label. Then Britney Spears goes ahead and shaves her head and goes into rehab. When that happened, I lost all contact with her A&R people, with her label. I was calling them, they weren’t returning phone calls, wouldn’t answer my calls. I’m like, ‘Alright. I guess they’re not interested anymore.’ In the process of all that going on, that’s when I met [Pussycat Doll] Nicole Scherzinger. She’s like, ‘Hey, I’m putting an album together, I’d love you to be a part of it.’ I played her two songs, she loved them. They cut a check, she recorded the songs. Those are her songs. After that happened, that’s when Britney Spears’ people called me like, ‘Hey, why are you giving away Britney’s music?’ I’m like, hold on. Y’all ain’t cutting me no check!”

No comments: