September 18, 2007

What A Crazy World We Live In...


Marc Ecko, creator and founder of Ecko clothing line and the mind behind other things such as Complex Magazine and the G-Unit clothing line, decided to throw away $752,000 this past weekend when he bought the now infamous 756th Home-Run ball smashed by Barry Bonds (that's roughly $1000 per career homer). Now I know many may ask why Hand chose to say "throw away" instead of invest but he really is throwing his money away. He bought the ball and instead of keeping it in his personal sports memorabilia collection, he's decided to make a site (vote756.com) and allow the public to decide the fate of the ball. They can have it given to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown and saved as part of history, have it given to Cooperstown but with an asterisk on it (my fave choice if he actually decides he's not keeping it) or have it flown into outer space (I'm sure this choice is a joke). You can read more about this on AllHipHop. I say resell the ball and do something meaningful with all that money, like pay to get baseball equipment for underprivileged children in the San Francisco area but hey, who am I to tell an unreasonable millionaire what the right thing to do is? Oh yeah that's right, that's who I am, I Am Hand...

No comments: